Micom Laboratories caters to the Automotive and Aerospace industries since 1999 by offering a wide range of test services including many SAE standards.
Accelerated Aging SAE Tests
Many tests we offer gravitate around UV light aging using Xenon arc or fluorescent light sources:
- SAE J1756 Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Exterior Materials Using a Controlled Irradiance Water-Cooled Xenon Arc Apparatus
- SAE J1885 Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Interior Trim Components using a Controlled Irradiance Water-Cooled Xenon-Arc Apparatus
- SAE J1960 Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Exterior Materials using a Controlled Irradiance Water-Cooled Xenon-Arc Apparatus
- SAE J2019 Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Exterior Materials Using a Controlled Irradiance Air-Cooled Xenon-Arc Apparatus
- SAE J2020 Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Exterior Materials using a Fluorescent UV and Condensation Apparatus
- SAE J2212 Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Exterior Materials Using a Controlled Irradiance Air-Cooled Xenon-Arc Apparatus
- SAE J2412 Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Interior Trim Components Using a Controlled Irradiance Xenon-Arc Apparatus
- SAE J2527 Performance Based Standard for Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Exterior Materials Using a Controlled Irradiance Xenon-Arc Apparatus
- SAE J2633 Wheel and Wheel Trim Weathering Testing for Paint Coatings
Learn more about our Accelerated Aging Testing Services.
Corrosion SAE Tests
As for corrosion testing, the following SAE tests are the most common among the test requests we receive:
- SAE J1959 Corrosion Preventive Compound, Underbody Vehicle Corrosion Protection
- SAE J2334 Laboratory Cyclic Corrosion Test
- SAE J2721 Recommended Corrosion Test Methods for Commercial Vehicle Components
- SAE AMS-STD-753 Corrosion-Resistant Steel Parts: Sampling, Inspection, and Testing for Surface Passivation
Learn more about our Corrosion Testing Services.
SAE Standards for Materials Testing
Finally, we address many requests that are material based with the following SAE tests:
- SAE AMS-2403 Plating, Nickel, General Purpose
- SAE AMS-3095 Paint, Gloss, Airline Exterior System
- SAE J68 Tests for Snowmobile Switching Devices and Components
- SAE J315 Fibreboard Test Procedure
- SAE J323 Test Method for Determining Cold Cracking of Flexible Plastic Materials
- SAE J575 Test Methods and Equipment for Lighting Devices for Use on Vehicles Less Than 2032 mm in Overall Width
- SAE J949 Test Method for Determining Stiffness of Interior Trim Materials and Substrate by a Three-Point Bending Test
- SAE J1455 Recommended environmental practices for electronic equipment design in heavy-duty vehicle applications
- SAE J1545 Instrumental Colour Difference Measurement for Exterior Finishes, Textiles, and Coloured Trim
- SAE J1717 Interior Automotive Plastic Part Testing
Learn more about our Material Testing Services.
Offering Numerous Tests Dedicated to the Automotive and Aerospace Industries
As an ISO 17025-2017 and 2ERD-GEN-018 (2D4A4B) accredited laboratory, Micom is pleased to offer SAE testing services to our clients in the automotive and aerospace industries. In addition to SAE tests, we offer other tests such as ASTM B117, ASTM D4060, ASTM G155, ASTM G85, Thermal Shock Test and more that ensure the quality and longevity of their products.
We are also able to perform dedicated tests for specific brands such as Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda and Nissan. Contact us with any questions you may have regarding our SAE testing services and other services dedicated to the automotive and aerospace industries.