Health Canada Testing
Micom offers testing per Health Canada methods and procedures. Micom works very closely with Health Canada in order to suggest improvements or adjustments to the test methods when the various markets covered by those regulations evolve.
This type of testing is part of our material testing offering. Most of the tests we offer are related (but not limited) to Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) and its regulations (i.e.: Hazardous Product Regulations SOR/2015-17).
Our Health Canada Testing Services
Our Health Canada testing services offer includes:
- Method F-19: Test Method for Lighters. This method describes procedures for testing lighters for compliance with the current Lighter Regulation (SOR/2016-184)
- Method F-20: Test Method for Matches. This method describes procedures for testing matches for compliance with the current Matches Regulation (Hazardous Products (Matches) Regulation C.R.C., c. 929)
- Method M00.1: Test procedures to determine mechanical Hazards – Small Components
- Method M00.2: Test procedures to determine mechanical Hazards – Sharp Edges
- Method M00.3: Test procedures to determine mechanical Hazards – Sharp Point
- Method M01.1: Test procedures to determine mechanical Hazards of Toys – Reasonable Foreseeable Use
- Method M-12: Test method for Cribs and Cradles
- Method M-15: Carriages and Strollers. This method describes procedures for carriages and strollers to verify if the product meets the requirements of the Carriages and Strollers Regulations (SOR/85-379)
Should you need help, our experts will be happy to help you identify what specific tests/specification your products must meet.