Packaging testing services offered at Micom Laboratories.
In our material testing lab, we can test to all North American packaging test methods including:
- – ISTA Testing – International Safe Transit Association; all test methods
- – ASTM Package Testing; American Society for Testing and Materials. We can use ASTM D4169 to test shipping containers and systems as well as many other packaging tests.
- – Hazardous Materials-Dangerous Goods; UN boxes, TP 14850
- – Defense
- – Cold Chain Testing
- – Sears US
- – CCSB (Commodity Classification Standards Board)
As part of our packaging testing offering, Micom also offers cold chain testing for the pharmaceutical and the food industry.
We are an accredited laboratory. We are recognized by the following organizations for packaging testing:
- – WHO
- – ISTA
- – Sears US
- – JC Penney.com
- – WalMart.com
- – Transport Canada
- – Standards Council of Canada (QC system + cold chain; ISO 17025, )
- – CCSB
- – Electrolux
Micom Laboratories is a member of the Packaging Consortium.
Packaging testing services
Our packaging testing services are recognized by most large North American retailers and industries as we are an ISTA accredited laboratory and operate a quality control system that is ISO 17025 compliant.
Micom offers packaging testing services to a wide range of industries both in Canada and in the US including:
- – Pharmaceutical (GSK Biologics, Genentech, Covidien, etc)
- – Food (Kraft, Danone, etc)
- – Industrial (Teknion, ABB , Akzo Nobel, etc)
- – Electronics (Siemens, Smart Technologies, Nautel, etc)
- – Automotive (Spectra Premium, Bombardier Recreational Products, etc)
More than just a test
Micom offers its customers more than just a test. Our testing experts will be happy to discuss your needs and help you decide which tests will better suit you. We can test to specific test protocols or if you have special requirements, we can help you create a custom test program to better suit your needs.
Our experts can also review your package damages to help you find timely and cost effective solutions. Packaging testing can also be used to optimize your packaging itself. This can help you reduce losses and increase your profitability.
Take the guess out of the equation
Micom can give you precise numbers so that you can make informed decisions. Our major packaging test equipment include:
- – Random vibration tester
- – Incline impact tester
- – Drop tester
- – Mechanical shaker
- – Compression testers
- – Climatic chambers
- – Clamp tester
- – Altitude chamber
- – Data loggers
How to choose the right packaging test
There are numerous tests available that can be used to test the performance and durability of your packages. The following infographic and decision tree will help you better understand how to choose the right package test for your goods.
Helping others in need
We are community focused. With the client’s permission, when we finish with a client’s packaging test, we give the remaining undamaged goods to charity in order to help those in need.
Micom can test packages and pallet loads for distribution testing. We can also assess individual component mechanical properties:
To learn more about our packaging testing, we invite you to contact us today at 1-888-996-4266. It will be our pleasure to review your packaging testing requirements.
We also invite you to learn more about our packaging testing services by consulting our brochure below: