Medical Package Testing
Medical package testing services offered at Micom Laboratories. We offer medical package testing for a range of materials, products and sub assemblies. Whether it is for climatic chamber testing, UV testing, package testing or material testing, our experts will be happy to help you put together a meaningful test plan that will address your needs, give you real answers and provide actionable insights.
Micom Laboratories is also the only material testing lab accredited by the World Health Organization for cold chain testing.
Micom offers a wide variety of mechanical and physico-chemical material testing to the medical industry according to various standards (ASTM, ISO, MIL-STD, ISTA, ANSI, CSA & others). Our specialists can also provide you with custom test services focused on your specific needs.
Our facilities allow us to test a wide range of raw materials and finished products. Whether you need temperature cycling, thermal shock testing, corrosion testing, composite materials testing or accelerated aging, Micom’s staff is available to support your technical requirements.
Our medical package testing facility is also equipped to test prototypes and sub assemblies to simulate intensive use of products and materials either to validate your design or investigate a field failure.
Medical Packging Testing « à la Carte »
Films, Sterile Barriers and Seals
- ASTM F1980-07(2011) Standard Guide for Accelerated Aging of Sterile Barrier Systems for Medical Devices
- ASTM D6653/D6653M-13 Standard Test Methods for Determining the Effects of High Altitude on Packaging Systems by Vacuum Method
- ASTM D3420-08a Standard Test Method for Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastic Film
- ASTM D1922-09 Standard Test Method for Propagation Tear Resistance of Plastic Film and Thin Sheeting by Pendulum Method
- ASTM F1886/F1886M-09(2013) Standard Test Method for Determining Integrity of Seals for Flexible Packaging by Visual Inspection
- ASTM F1929-12 Standard Test Method for Detecting Seal Leaks in Porous Medical Packaging by Dye Penetration
- ASTM D3045 a standard practice for heat aging of plastics without load.
- ISTA testing
- ASTM D5276 Standard Test Method for Drop Test of Loaded Containers by Free Fall
- ASTM D4169 Standard Practice for Performance Testing of Shipping Containers and Systems
- ASTM D642 Standard Test Method for Determining Compressive Resistance of Shipping Containers, Components, and Unit Loads
- ASTM D4332-13 Standard Practice for Conditioning Containers, Packages, or Packaging Components for Testing
- ASTM D4728 Standard Test Method for Random Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers
- ASTM D3103 Standard Test Method for Thermal Insulation Performance of Distribution Packages
- Custom protocols
- Tensile Strength – ASTM D638, D1623, D-2990, D5574
- Compressive Strength – ASTM D695, D2990, D4762
- Flexural Strength – ASTM D790, D3043, D5616
- Foam – ASTM D3574
- Moisture Absorption – ASTM D570
- Particle Board Testing – ASTM D1037
- Specular Gloss – ASTM D523
- Conical Mandrel – ASTM D522
- Hardness – ASTM D2240
- Color Measurement – ASTM D-2244
- Abrasion Resistance – ASTM D4060
- Flatwise Tensile Strength of Sandwich Constructions – ASTM C297
- Coating Film Thickness – ASTM D1196
- Paint Adhesion – ASTM D3359
- Salt fog exposure – ASTM B117
- Climatic chamber – Humidity, temperature cycling -78oC to +150oC, 10 – 95% RH
- UV testing – ASTM G155, ASTM G154, ISO 4892
- Salt spray – ASTM B117, ISO 7253, ASTM D1735, ASTM D2247, ASTM D5894, ASTM G85
- Heat aging testing
- Laboratory simulations of field failures
- Thermal shock testing (-78oC to +200oC)
- High & low temperature tensile & compression tests
- Weatherometer testing, Q-UV, U.V. exposure (ASTM G155, G154)
- Test chamber – temperature and Humidity cycling
- Taber Abrasion – ASTM D4060
- Gloss ASTM D523
- Salt spray (ASTM B117)
- Scratch resistance (ASTM D3363)
If you have any questions about medical packaging testing, we invite you to contact our material testing lab today. It will be our pleasure to answer your questions and help you with your custom testing requirements.