The new year brought Micom Laboratories its eighth Climatic Chamber, and we are very pleased to present you with its features!
The ZPHS-16-6-6-SC/AC Chamber has the following characteristics:
- 16 cubic feet
- 5-95% RH
- -68 to 190°C
- Cooling rates:
- 24 to -68°C in 15 minutes
- 85 to -40°C in 13 minutes
- Heating rates:
- 24 to 190°C in 30 minutes
- -68 to 24°C in 12 minutes
A Climatic Chamber Environmentally Friendly
Equipped with many features, this new chamber uses environmentally safe refrigerants that are non-flammable and have a zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP). The chamber is also air-cooled thereby saving city water.
Advanced and Safe Technologies
The chamber comes equipped with EIA-232, EIA-485 communications, ethernet connectivity for monitoring & control. A safety relay connection is provided to protect your device under test by removing power to it when the chamber is not running.
The chamber also has communications and connectivity features such as:
- Monitor and/or control the chamber remotely at anytime, anywhere access from any device (PC, smartphone, or tablet) using LAN/VNC.
- Alarm notification system sends email and/or textphone messages in the event of a test chamber alarm, saving valuable tests while reducing downtime.
- Email built-in to send data, alarm, audit trail files directly from the controller. Also, create and send new emails.
Finally, it also offers data logging capabilities:
- Configurable log interval, data file length, filename, operator entered batch & lot information as well as an unlimited number of operator notes saved to the data file.
- Access data files directly from the controller or PC.
- Easily download profiles, alarm files, audit trail files, and data files using LAN (FTP, email) and/or USB in a compatible .csv file format for ease of use. Files may also be automatically backed up daily for hassle-free file management.
Conforms to Military Standards
Humidification systems allow for humidity and moisture resistance testing. The chamber also offers rapid cooling/heating rates. All this allowing us to meet a variety of commercial and military standards
It also includes an electronic, solid-state humidity sensor for accuracy and minimal maintenance.
This New Chamber Expands Our Test Capabilities
This new chamber will complement the current offering by providing a faster cooling/ heating rate allowing us to test to standards such as:
- RTCA DO-160 Sections 4 and 5 (Category B and C) DO-160, Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment is a standard for the environmental testing of avionics hardware.
- Test Method – 501.6 High Temperature
- Test Method – 502.6 Low Temperature
- Test Method – 507.6 Humidity
- Test Method – 524 .1 Freeze / Thaw
The purpose of a climatic chamber is to test the influence of varying environments on products to determine their durability. It can also help with the adjustment of the design or with selecting a more resilient material.
Our expanded offering now ranges from 2.3 cubic foot volumes to 1,215 cubic foot rooms.
For all your material testing needs, you can trust Micom Laboratories. We can perform accelerated aging and salt spray testing according to ASTM B117, thermal shock testing, temperature and humidity cycling testing and so much more.
Please contact us for more information on all our material testing capabilities.